I’m so fantastically wordy all the time. As an exercise in brevity, I thought I’d try to fill you in on life with one-liners. Also known as: Let’s see how many phrases, clauses and parenthesis Stacey can jam into one sentence.
1) For the second year running, we (I, Matt didn’t refuse, showed up and made chili) threw a kids-included New York New Year party, meaning we celebrate the New Year at 9:00 p.m. when the ball drops our time, and it was actually fun.
2) I’m currently reading A Dance With Dragons due to my unhealthy obsession with the “Song of Ice and Fire” saga also known as Game of Thrones, which is also an amazing HBO series and apropos of nothing but the longest sentence ever Good Lord Sean Bean always looks good with a sword.
3) I wrote at Mamalode on Friday (as I do every Friday and I should be doing right now for this Friday).
Everything can’t be listed and counted like groceries. Friends for 25 years. Married 14 years. Five homes. Seven jobs. One law career abandoned. Three dogs. Five children born and brought home, three to us and two to women we hold tightly in our hearts. Four children lost before they could be born. One child relinquished. Countless hugs. Numerous tantrums. Infinite smiles balanced by infinite tears. … Because of Everything at Mamalode.
4) The Downton Abbey Season 3 premier pissed me off so much with its callous disregard for my desire to swoon over every single moment of Matthew and Mary’s wedding, and yet … ruin! disaster! the need to buy a smaller house! … I’m still hooked (Matt remains appalled by anything involving period costume unless …)
5) … It also involves unbelievably graphic violence like, for instance, Django, the first movie we’ve seen together since Gran Torino (circa 2008), the only period movie we have ever or will ever see together, and one which I enjoyed in the five minutes that I managed to uncover my face.
6) Garrett could play Nintendo DS all day every day and he is teenager-like in his argumentative protest against our 90-minute a day media limit and I admit there are days I have given in because he’s so quiet when he’s playing Harry Potter and parenting is hard.
7) Saige lost both her front teeth this weekend and it’s freaking adorable.
8) The LISTEN TO YOUR MOTHER 2013 season is here and auditions are happening all over the damn country, you guys, (25! cities this year), including in Spokane on February 23, so look for an audition near you and go and tell your story.
9) Hampton Noodle continues to bleed all over the damn house from the nick in his left ear, but we did give him a course of antibiotics because one of you suggested it might be an ear infection – thank you, I think it’s helping.
10) xoxoxo. That’s technically not a sentence, but it is the briefest thing I said in this list.
11) (This one goes to 11!) I’M GOING TO BLOGHER CHICAGO in July. Are you?